Immigration Law

Malden Immigration Law Firm

Serving Clients in North Boston, Everett, Medford & the Surrounding Areas

Immigration has existed from the very beginning of time. Since nations were established and borders were created, there has been a growing body of laws concerning limits and qualifications for immigration. If you are facing an immigration law matter, we strongly advise you to retain the immediate representation of The Law Offices of Jamie H. Gorton.

From our office in Malden, we are proud to provide effective counsel and tenacious representation to individuals in North Boston, Everett, Medford, and across Massachusetts who are faced with matters concerning U.S. immigration law.

Why should you choose our firm?

  • We provide affordable Immigration Strategy Sessions
  • We have extensive legal experience
  • We have an exceptional track record of success
  • We prioritize the well-being of your family
  • We are passionate about pursuing your American dream
  • We are fully equipped to help you resolve your complex legal matter
  • We serve clients throughout Massachusetts

For more information, call (978) 539-7008 or contact us online.

We Can Help You Achieve Your Dreams

Within the immigration system of the United States, there are many ways that one can be granted access to life in this country. From temporary visitation to permanent residency, this system was designed to provide individuals with the means necessary to be granted U.S. residency while allowing the government to remain in limited control. The three main types of residency in the United States are visas, green cards, and citizenship.

Our primary areas of focus include:

It is important for you to understand the proper use of and context for each of the aforementioned options. There are dozens of visas, each designed for a particular purpose — from education in the United States to temporary employment. Due to the serious and complex nature of your case, it is vital that you take the proper steps to ensure you are backed by a reputable and successful immigration law attorney.

Protecting Your Rights & Defending Your Future

As a body of federal law, immigration is enforced by federal authorities and any suspected violations of the limitations will be investigated. Our Malden immigration lawyers are committed to standing up for the rights of immigrants and their families throughout the state of Massachusetts.

We provide defense and representation for immigration disputes concerning:

We believe in your right to have access to a new and free future. If you are facing difficulties with immigration law and need assistance from an experienced and compassionate attorney, turn to The Law Offices of Jamie H. Gorton. We are here for you and your family.

Immigration FAQ

How often are Naturalization ceremonies conducted, and where?
The District Court holds around three naturalization ceremonies each month with the Immigration and Naturalization Service. These ceremonies are held at various venues.

Who can petition for an alien relative to receive a green card?
U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents of the U.S. can petition to bring relatives to America. The citizen or permanent resident must be the one to initiate the process. If you would like legal help with this process, be sure to contact our firm.

Who is considered a family relative for immigration purposes?
The following people count as immediate relatives:

  • Spouses of U.S. citizens
  • Children of U.S. citizens who are unmarried and under 21 years of age
  • Parents of U.S. citizens who are over 21 years old

What is a visa?
A visa acts like your admission ticket to the United States. A visa is placed in your passport at a U.S. embassy or consulate outside the U.S. An F-1 visa is needed to enter the U.S. in F-1 status. Similarly, a J-1 visa is required for J-1 status.

What type of visa should I get if I would like to become a permanent U.S. citizen?
There are several types of visas you can apply for, depending on your situation. A fiancée visa is available to foreign nationals who are engaged to U.S. citizens. If you have a relative working in the U.S. and wish to immigrate, you can apply for a family visa. Work visas are granted to those with unique skills demanded by a certain industry.

What if I want to come to the U.S. for a visit or temporary stay?
Nonimmigrant visas are needed for temporary stays. If you are coming for education, you can get a student visa. There are also business investor and travel visas available. These types of visas will allow you to stay in the U.S. for only a limited time.

How long will my green card remain valid?
With a green card, you can be a permanent resident who both lives and work in the U.S. When a green card is first issued, it is only temporary and good for two years. If you are not convicted of a crime in these two years, you can apply for a permanent resident visa, which is good for ten years.

We’ve Helped Countless Individuals Stay in America

The lawyers at our firm have the experience needed to walk you through the immigration process. With our dedication, compassion, and aggressive tactics, we are determined to fight for what is best for you and your family. We have helped individuals avoid deportation, have worked to dismiss criminal cases, and have provided positive solutions to numerous other immigration cases.

Call our Malden immigration firm at (978) 539-7008 today or fill out our case evaluation form!

Why Families Trust

The Law Offices of Jamie H. Gorton
  • Provide Individualized Legal Solutions
  • Exceptional Track Record of Success
  • Extensive Experience in Immigration Law
  • Service Throughout Massachusetts

Begin Your Journey

Schedule a Consultation Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.